Wednesday 15 September 2010

Preparation and Design

The preparation for this project began with photographs taken from locations within the Carlisle and Cumbrian district. I love the wide variety of birds and wildlife that exist within this area and wanted to incorporate this within this project. I gathered my material and manipulated my images on the computer - scaling them to fit on to the building. All my drawings for the art work was printed by:
Albany Sign Display limited
Unit 7 Long Island Park
Carlisle Ca2 5AS




My first day started with much enthusiasm only to come back the next day to discover all my hard work had been washed off by the torrential rain storm that hit as soon as I stopped working. I realised this work was going to have to be completed with care dependant on the varied weather conditions in sunny Carlisle.
The following two weeks were however glorious summer days and allowed for much progress on this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment